The JCHAI At Home program provides highly skilled social workers to skills for independent living to members who are in their own apartments or living with their families.
JCHAI At Home highlights include:
- Training individuals in personal care, money management, maintaining an apartment and appropriate behavior.
- Offering help in securing employment and, when necessary.
- Transitioning from living with parents to living in independent apartments.
- Providing socialization through excursions and activities that bring together JCHAI At Home, Transitions and JCHAI residential members, creating an instant social group for all members.
- A network of volunteer opportunities that provide peer interaction for members and help them to learn to work with each other and in the community.
- A customized plan for each member to achieve independence.
JCHAI provides services in a nondiscriminatory manner, without regard to race, sex, color, national origin, ancestry, religious creed, disability and age.
To learn more about our community-based residential and community support services, please contact Program Director of Home and Community Integration, Candy Wiater, MSW, LCSW: 267.275.6207 or CandyWiater@jchai.org.