JCHAI Transitions provides fun activities and training after school and on weekends for young adults from the ages of 18-30. This program encourages a smooth transition so that when they finish high school, they are more prepared to live and work a supported, independent life. Transitions members get to see that it is possible to live away from their parents because many programs and classes are taught with JCHAI members who already live in our Supported Apartment or At Home programs. Our Transitions program also supports and educates the member's family to anticipate the "letting go" process, which is often difficult for the parents of adult children with disabilities.
- Social activities such as digital storytelling, dances, birthday and holiday celebrations, art classes, suburban farming, communal cooking & meals, outings, and more! Look into our Dimensions group for those who are interested in outings in the community, particularly for those with HFASD.
- Resume drafting
- Game Nights
- Film Club
- Fitness & Exercise, indoors & out, nature hikes, workouts
- Group Counseling: MAP (my Action Plan) groups are co-led by a professional with an advanced degree
- Vocational assessment and assistance finding employment through liaison with employers and on-the-job coaching
- Travel safety and skills
- Tech Connections Multimedia Lab with coaching
- JCHAI Works Volunteer Corps - JCHAI members volunteer for other organizations